Enjoy reading a little history about the evolution of housing styles as observed through the South Tabor neighborhood.
Northwest Portland is teeming with old, beautiful homes. If you’ve ever wanted to see the oldest and grandest of them, and learn some of their history, join The Stately Home Tour put on by the Northwest Neighborhood Cultural Center and Northwest Children’s Theater.
The tour is May 4th, and tickets cost $25. The proceeds go back to the neighborhood icons and to the Children’s Theater. There will be events at each location, including the history as told by foremost Northwest historians, ice cream, music, and more.
To buy tickets, visit NWCT
The tour includes:
- The Henry & Hattie Fries Home (1905)
- The Dr. Andrew & Mrs. Ida Giesy Home (1905)
- The Edward King Home (1910)
- The Cardwell Holman Home (1905)
- The Captain Joseph Sladen Home (1893)
- First Church of Christ Scientist (NW Neighborhood Cultural Center – 1909)